This pattern is a digital PDF file, it includes a written text instruction, step by step photos and hyperlinks to helpful videos (Internet access is required).
In the pattern you will find a list of recommended materials and tools and a template to make the eyes for the doll two sizes:
— yarn 280m/50gr and crochet hook size 0,9mm — height of the doll is 21cm
— yarn 475m/50gr and crochet hook size 0,75mm — height of the doll is 15cm
The pattern does not include any crochet lessons, you will need to have basic crochet skills to finish the pattern.
Please note: we will crochet keeping wrong side of the work outside.
Recommended materials and tools:
For the body:
You may notice the information in brackets; it is recommended materials and tools for the doll 15cm tall; without brackets – for the doll 21cm tall.
- Yarn, 100% cotton 280m/50gr (Yarn, 100% cotton 4500m/50gr). Choose yarn similar characteristics.
- Size 0,9mm crochet hook (0,75mm)
- Copper wire d. 1,5mm — 60cm length (1mm)
- Medical tape, width 1cm
- Toy stuffing (any polyfill stuffing)
- Round nose pliers
- Cotter pins sizes: 1,6×20 — 2, 2×20 — 2 (the same size for a small doll)
- Disks: 10mm or 12mm – 4, 18mm – 4 (8mm – 4, 14mm – 4)
- Toothpicks and chopsticks to stuff
- PVA glue
- Cyanoacrylate adhesive (3gr glue)
- Needle, scissors
Clothing and decoration:
- Yarn. I recommend using yarn the same gauge you used to crochet the body; otherwise the clothing is too tight:
Rabbit outfit: grey (1 yarn ball), white, pink and some black yarn (to make the lashes).
Unicorn outfit: pink (1 yarn ball), white yellow, and some black yarn (to make the lashes).
- Crochet hook size: choose the same size you crochet the body.
- 8 buttons – d. 9mm (7mm)
- A cut of white cotton fabric.
- Acrylic paints. Also you may use gouache paints instead acrylic and cover it with invisible nail polish.
- Clear glue or gel glue»
- A plastic toy nose to install on the hood of the rabbit outfit
- Beading needle
- Mouline embroidery floss (colors: black, white, lips color (and a bit darker shade), eyebrows color
- Soft pastel
- A slicker brush
- 100% acrylic yarn to make the hair. I use Kid’s new by Pekhorka – 1 skein. To decorate the Unicorn mane and the tail you will need 5 or 6 yarn colors of acrylic yarn.
- Knitting needle or chopsticks
- Syringe 2mm
- A plastic card
Abbreviations (US crochet terms):
|MR(n)||magic ring, where n – stitch number|
|Sl st||slip stitch|
|Hdc||half double crochet|
|Inc||single crochet increase (crochet 2sc into 1 stitch)|
|Dec||single crochet decrease, close 2 sc together|
|Sc3tog||close 3sc together|
|BLO||work into back loops only|
|FLO||work into front loops only|